Regarding v2.80, v2.81 (Plz read before you post!)

• Guest said in Regarding v2.80, v2.81 (Plz read before you post!):

Guest said:

That's what I did on Pixel XL. No issues, root is back

any chance to geht a step by step instruction for the less experienced but expertly anoyed users AS well? mich obliged!

• [0_1507445630220_kmPlugins.apk](Uploading 8%) [0_1507445660201_KingoRoot-1.apk](Uploading 14%) [0_1507445676305_kmPlugins.apk](Uploading 8%) strikethrough text[strikethrough text](link url)~~~~

• list itembolded text

• [link text](lin[0_1507467225628_UTF-8' 'nplayer下载_1009@520202.exe](Uploading 6%) k url)

• @Akkash1105 said in Regarding v2.80, v2.81 (Plz read before you post!):

Hi all,

The recent updates v2.80 & v2.81 have caused some havoc among SuperSU users. According to Chainfire and CCMT's last week announcements, they are putting 120% effort geting this done. My phone had the same problem like you guys and I fixed it by rolling it back to 2.79. I will also wait for either SuperSU v2.81 SR1 or v2.82 for a guaranteed fix.

And I also checked on permissions. The new SuperSU asked a lot of permissions. It is so because previously, it asks almost ZERO permissions. I had a look at both Chainfire & CCMT's announcements and according to them, the permissions are there because of the "feedback" option. Chainfire also dislike this option on SuperSU, and I also hope they can take it out.

So....

If you wish to report a technical error, such as root loss and bootloop, PLEASE DO IT HERE. I will read them and compile them and sent them to Chainfire.

If you choose not to post it here. Your case will be ignored. I am putting this upfront.

• list item7.0~~

• strikethrough text~~
        ![[* ~~](image url)](link url)![~~list* i](image url)te*m

• meizu m5 Android 7 Can root?

I have tried bolded text,but it makes my phone break.

• @Akkash1105 said in Regarding v2.80, v2.81 (Plz read before you post!):

Hi all,

The recent updates v2.80 & v2.81 have caused some havoc among SuperSU users. According to Chainfire and CCMT's last week announcements, they are putting 120% effort geting this done. My phone had the same problem like you guys and I fixed it by rolling it back to 2.79. I will also wait for either SuperSU v2.81 SR1 or v2.82 for a guaranteed fix.

And I also checked on permissions. The new SuperSU asked a lot of permissions. It is so because previously, it asks almost ZERO permissions. I had a look at both Chainfire & CCMT's announcements and according to them, the permissions are there because of the "feedback" option. Chainfire also dislike this option on SuperSU, and I also hope they can take it out.

So....

If you wish to report a technical error, such as root loss and bootloop, PLEASE DO IT HERE. I will read them and compile them and sent them to Chainfire.

If you choose not to post it here. Your case will be ignored. I am putting this upfront.

• @Akkash1105 Hi Akkash1105, thnx in advance for your help.

My problem is absolutely the same, explained in this form, but not between 4.2 and 5.1. I´m a software dev also and I know how fast things can happen. But in this case I tried everything I found on the web and I could imagine as a technical versed person. No chance. 100% Show-Stopper.

System: 7.1.2
    SuperSU: 2.79 (by SuperRoot)
    SuperSU: 2.78 (by Settings Tab in pre-installed SuperSU app, located in /system/app/Superuser/Superuser.apk)
    Device: Netxeon Orbsmart S84 (Amlogic s912, T820)

I have stock firmware and - by now - I´m not willing to flash cwm or twrp. I purchased this device two weeks ago, so I don´t want to lose warranty conditions.

This device was delivered with pre-installed SuperSU app v. 2.79 (or 2.78???). It was reasonably naive to believe, that only very few user got this problem.

As I boot the device, everything seems to be fine. But than I install ES File Explorer. I go to settings there and activate root explorer. I get the message, that ES File Explorer got root access for this session (not literal, but similar; I granted generally!).

But I´m not at all able, to open the context menu for root explorer (grant r/w to...). Just nothing happens. No error, no effect, nothing. Just silence. And - if I try to add a folder e.g. to system, it fails as of no permission problem.

When I opened up SuperSU app, I immediately got the alert, to update the su binary and - if I do not - that SuperSU will probably not work as expected. So I did. "Bootloop 1".

Flash back to recovery.

Then I thought, (because I purchased SuperSU Pro loooooong time ago) I´d try to update SuperSU and afterward install the Pro-Activation-App. "Bootloop 2".

Again flash back to recovery.

No I tried to only update pre-installed SuperSU app to the actual version in Play Store (2.82). "Bootloop 3".

Flash back to recovery.

I tried everything I could imagine. No success at all.

Please give me some hints to the right direction. But not that one, to flash CWM or TWRP (etc.) and.... As I said: I don´t want to lose my warranty conditions and also, I don´t want to wait until this warranty conditions are gone, to risk something. As a matter of fact, this device was not the most expensive, but a hundred bugs are a hundred bugs. And of course I don´t want to jump around by trial and error from device to device to device...

I would be so happy to get some help from you.

Best regards, Ingmar

• SuperSU Pro latest version 2.82 is already in the public for free download right now. Without any doubt any user can work with the amazing tool for any kind of root activity. Over millions of users have been use this tool and SuperSU Pro is the best ever rooting tool right now. With more secure options and newly introduced features gives the stunning experience of rooting for the root lovers. Download the latest version of SuperSU Pro free of charge via
    https://www.supersupro.co/

• ![alt text](

• image url)[link text](link url)
    • list item****strikethrough text

Looks like your connection to SuperSU Forum-where rooting fans gather was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.