Amlogic s912 TV Box (BeeLink GT1 etc.)

• Most TV boxes come rooted. Mine did but I lost it when doing an OTA update.

I have ADB root. I can mount and unmount and remount the system partition. I have tried to manually install the Su binary using ADB but the process was really complicated and I was not successful.

My Android TV box doesn't have a bootloader mode so it is impossible to use fastboot. Using ADB I can bootloader into stock recovery but cannot bootloader into bootloader

I could just DD TWRP recovery onto /DEV/recovery
    but I assume there is a better way to get the Su binary onto my device.

Can't I use ADB to install the Su binary an easier way than manually pushing all those files and doing chmod etc??

Can't I use the stock recovery to sideload the zip file? or even just sideload the zip without being in recovery mode? If I have ADB root, why do I need TWRP?

• Samsung root

@hoshi411 Hi hoshi411, I would personally recommend asking Chainfire, the creator of SuperSU, on XDA-developers.com . This website is for entry-level problems and, frankly, I really donno what to do when Android TV box lost root. Sry about this and all the best with XDA!

You may be interested in..

Looks like your connection to SuperSU forum-where rooting fans gather was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.