How to root HTC 10 with SuperSU
This article shows you how to get super user rights on your new HTC 10. Rooting your Android devices enables you to do everything with your phone giving you complete system rights. However, it does come with a trade-off of loosing your manufacturer warranty so please think before rooting and unlocking bootloader of your brand new HTC 10.
Once we are done with this window-warning, here is how to root HTC 10 and unlock its bootloader!
now that you have unlocked your bootloader and flashed TWRP recovery on your HTC 10, you can proceed to gain root on it. Read our previous posts on how to unlock HTC 10 bootloader and how to flash TWRP 3.0.2 custom recovery on HTC 10 before you proceed as these are critical requirements for this procedure to work. The new hardware from HTC is truly astounding and what better way to fully utilize it than root it. Once rooted, you will be able to install root apps from the Play Store as well as be able to utilize third-party tweaks. Also, you get access to custom ROMs and extended control which isn’t available to the normal user. We will need TWRP recovery to flash the root package.
Prerequisites before you root HTC 10:
• Charge your HTC One to at least 70% of battery level.
• Create backup of all your important data in your HTC1 0.
• Make sure that USB Drivers for HTC One are installed on your computer; ensure to have HTC Sync on your PC.
• Ensure to have your HTC 10 with an unlocked bootloader and have a recovery tool installed.
How to root HTC 10:
HTC 10 SuperSU Root Package Details:
SuperSU is one of our favourite rooting package as it comes with all the binaries needed to gain root access on your HTC 10 Android phone. Even the SuperSU app has more features than SuperUser. Other than this rooting tutorial, you might also want to install a custom recovery for installing custom ROMs on your phone.
Required files: download the root package for your HTC One from this link SuperSU
- Connect your HTC 10 to PC and copy the downloaded file to the SD card root.
- Switch the device off and reboot it in recovery mode: press and hold volume down and power buttons to enter in bootloader mode. In recovery mode, highlight options using the volume keys and select it with power button.
- Now from the menu, select Flash zip from SD card followed by Choose zip from SD card. Locate the downloaded zip file using the volume keys and select it using the power button.
- Confirm installation on the next screen.
- Once the installation is completed successfully, return to main menu and select Reboot System Now to reboot HTC 10.
Ta da! You have successfully managed to root HTC 10 using SuperSU .
Confirm the root access using Root Checker app from Play Store.