How to root series: Galaxy S5
It's essentially the same way rooting other Samsung phones: Odin, SuperSU, TWRP.
The SuperSU version I will be using is 2.65
Please backup your files before rooting, it's always a must.
Download & install bootloader
- Download Samsung Odin and SuperSU v2.65 (actually later version may also work)
- Turn on and enter “developer mode”, and turn on “USB debugging mode” & “OEM unlock mode”.
- Install Samsung bootloader: Install Kies on PC & restart your computer, then connect your phone with PC. It will automatically run the software.
Install TWRP Recovery
On PC, run as administer and install TWRP
- Now turn on your Samsung S5
- Press & hold “Power + Volume + Home” together until screen turns off & enters to a blue screen with “warning”
- Now, press volume up to continue, it will show that a file is downloading to your cellphone.
Connect your phone to PC via USB cable
If successful, a notification box will show that COM is properly booted. If not, please check your phone is correctly connected.
On PC side, click Start on Odin
After a few seconds, a green “PASS” will appear on your computer screen
- Now exit Odin, unplug your cellphone and start your cellphone
- Turn off your device
- Press “Power+Volume+Home” button together, until your phone is booted into recovery mode (You should see a recovery logo)
- Optional: to make your future experience better, tick on “Never show this screen during boot again”
- Slide the bar in the bottom of the screen to allow changes
- Now click install &view SuperSU.zip file, or if you can locate your SuperSU.zip file. Simply click on it will do
- Now wait and see if it is successfully flashed, a success note will pop out if it does
- Now reboot your device, and your S5 is ready to roll
a root s5