Failed to root XT1581 and stuck on Moto logo.
Model: XT1581 (dual SIM, same as MXF version)
And here's what I did:
- Unlocked the bootloader and flashed the 6.0 ROM without error.
- Boot into the system without error.
- Flashed TWRP (3.0.0) and boot in recovery with out error.
- Installed SuperSU 2.79 without error. Also tried 2.78-SR1.
- Reboot to system and stuck on Moto logo. The only thing I could do to fix it is reflash the firmware again.
I thought it may caused by ForceEncrypt which is introduced in Android 6.0. I've tried [Format Data] in TWRP and got the following result:
Done. Failed to unmount '/data' (Device or resource busy) You may need to reboot recovery to be able to use /data again.
I don't know if the encryption has been removed successfully but I still get stuck at Moto logo.
I also tried systemless side load SuperSU but didn't help.
So did I do something wrong?
- Flash in stock 6.0 firmware;
- boot into fastboot mode and load TWRP (3.0.2) with /system READ ONLY mode. I think this is the cause for the failure;
- Install SuperSU (2.7.9-SR3). And saw a message "System-less mode. Boot image support required." on terminal. What does "boot image support reqiured" means?
- Reboot and SuperSU works like a charm.
Update: I've tried to boot TWRP without /system write protection and flash in SuperSU 2.79-SR3 successfully. So only the SuperSU is responsible for this issue?