Cannot install SuperSu on Oneplus X with OxygenOS 3.1.4
Oneplus X (onyx) with OxygenOS 3.1.4 (that is Android 6.0.1)
Flashed OxygenOS 3.1.4 [OnePlusXOxygen_14_OTA_019_all_201611071506_03f73e21449d4d31.zip] using stock recovery, then installed TWRP via fastboot. Finally tried to flash SuperSu from TWRP without success.
official onyx TWRP 3.0.3 == twrp-3.0.3-0-onyx.img
blu spark TWRP == twrp-3.0.2-2_blu_spark.v41-onyx_by-engstk.img
I attempted various combinations, such:
- official onyx TWRP 3.0.3 + SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip ==> boot loop
- official onyx TWRP 3.0.3 + Oxygen_OS3_v2.78_supersu.zip ==> boot ok, no app installed, no root
- blu spark TWRP + Oxygen_OS3_v2.78_supersu.zip ==> boot ok, no app installed, no root
- blu spark TWRP + SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SR3-20170114223742.zip ==> boot ok, no app installed, no root
- blu spark TWRP + adb sideload (while in TWRP) of Oxygen_OS3_v2.78_supersu.zip ==> boot ok, no app installed, no root
At one time with blu spark TWRP I noticed that the flag for mounting system read-only was checked. I unchecked it but this had no practical effect even after reflashing SuperSu.
When the boot worked I noticed that the first time it boots twice in a row.
I scrambled through all relevant threads on Oneplus and XDA forums: some people report a similar problem, some other people insist that solution 3 works.
Now, after 5, the strange thing is that AdAway works (the file /system/etc/hosts is updated correctly) but Root Checker reports no root and file manager FX blocks when it is about to ask for root permission. I can find no traces of SuperSu in /data/app nor in /system/data/app.
Hi, I would recommend reporting to Chainfire directly via XDA. This forum is currently for entry-level trouble shootings. Was there a huge difference between onyx TWRP and blu spark TWRP?
Have you tried Oneplus toolbox？
@Akkash1105 I noticed no differences between TWRP flawours.
Thank for the suggestion.
@colemar No problem man, take care & good luck!