How to root a LG G5 H850 using SuperSU
The LG latest flagship Android smartphone is now available in the market and has got high attention because of its modular design. We have recently published a post about how to install TWRP recovery on a LG G5. Once you’ve installed the TWRP, it becomes easier to root your phone.
Please, note that, before starting with the root procedure, it is recommended that you backup all your important data to your PC.
• This method is only supported by LG G5 with model number H850, which is the European variant. Currently it's not supported by any other model.
• Download the SuperSU2.76.zip.
• Enable USB debugging from Settings > Developer options.
• If you’re using PC, it is recommended that you install LG USB drivers.
• Carefully read and follow the guidelines. There is no way to install the stock unrooted system for now, so you can just proceed if you are confident about staying rooted.
I assume you’ve already unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP.
Root LG G5 H850
Step 1: Copy the SuperSu zip package to the phone storage.
Step 2: Power off your phone and reboot it into recovery mode. Here is how to boot LG G5 into recovery mode using the button combo:
• Press and hold Vol down+Power button at the same time.
• As soon as the LG logo appears on the screen, release the power button and instantly press it again while still pressing the vol down.
• Click "Yes" on the Factory Reset screen.
Step 3: Select Install and navigate to the external storage where you’ve transferred the SuperSU zip file. Select the SuperSU zip file and swipe to confirm the installation.
Step 4: That’s it. Reboot phone.
Congratulations! You have just rooted your LG G5.
Thanks for the greatness.